PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with a unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. Spent too much time dealing with the ferals. Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave chased Sam the Scamp down the driveway and across the street. They have obviously decided that Sam and Abner the Eager invade their territory too much for their liking. They weren't that way so much until the last few nights. While they were chasing Sam, Shy Stripesy ran out from under the deck, ate and ran away as quickly as possible. I left food out in case Sam gets another chance to come back and eat.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, starting off with Pelican in a Kaywoodie long Dublin #17 from a matched grain set. Decided to try a different coffee and brought some Columbian sun dried Quinchia but it has been ground for a cafetière (French press) and I had to re-grind it for the espresso maker. I’ll just stick with Lavazza in future, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. image.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Morning everyone, starting off with Pelican in a Kaywoodie long Dublin #17 from a matched grain set. Decided to try a different coffee and brought some Columbian sun dried Quinchia but it has been ground for a cafetière (French press) and I had to re-grind it for the espresso maker. I’ll just stick with Lavazza in future, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. View attachment 256262
What's the make on that lighter?

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
Brown Sugar Flake in an old Stanwell

IMG_5757.jpeg

Looking through the site while enjoying the coffee and tobacco (breakfast of champions) I came upon this response in a thread where a relatively new smoker was looking for input on American pipes:

"As far as artisan pipe making goes, it has to be said, the Americans are turning out the best stuff. It's actually a no contest between them and everyone else"

...and I thought, "Bingo, we have a winner! Dumbest thing I've read today!"

Don't misunderstand, nothing at all against American pipe makers; if you substituted any other noun for "artisan pipe" and any other nationality for "American" the statement would be just as dumb.

Or maybe not...maybe I'm just too indecisive and wishy-washy when it comes to expressing my opinions on inherently subjective matters. Maybe I need a little more confidence in my convictions. Maybe I need to have some convictions.

And I decided right then and there to be a new man...a direct man...a bold man! So no time like the present, what? Here goes:

The rutabaga is the finest vegetable ever grown and anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is simply incorrect.

Wow! That was so...liberating! No unnecessary regard for reality, for logic... just let fly and sling it!!

It feels like the start of a whole 'nother way to live; I'm very excited

Status
Not open for further replies.