PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Thanks to those wishing me a speedy recovery, it’s not better yet, probably because it’s just too damn hard to not smoke but what are you gonna do!
I picked up a very special set last week that was owned by a CSM (Company Sergeant Major) in the Artist’s Rifles in WWl, a regiment that later became the SAS. I’ll be putting it on a thread later as I’ve managed to find out some history about the owner and am researching some more.
Anyhoo I’m going to use the one pipe in there that has been smoked (no more than once or twice) with some Wessex BS. A army mount GBD hallmarked Birmingham 1915. View attachment 251675View attachment 251678View attachment 251681
@Birddog66 I love the Artist's Rifles badge; I tried on a replica African pith helmet (Boer War / Zulu type) at Nottingham Pipe Show. It looked like it had been shot at - and it looked good with the Redcoat!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
@Birddog66 I love the Artist's Rifles badge; I tried on a replica African pith helmet (Boer War / Zulu type) at Nottingham Pipe Show. It looked like it had been shot at - and it looked good with the Redcoat!
Nice one Dan, the Artists Rifles fought in the Boer War among many other conflicts and the insignia is Mars and Minerva, their motto Mars Cum Minerva (war with wisdom). Google them, they have a very interesting history and a very impressive list of decorations and founding members.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
View attachment 252267

C&D Castello Antiquarian in a generic clay. The owls are chatting amongst themselves, the night insects are humming quietly. The walnut trees are almost bare. Winter will soon be here.
@woodsroad Sounds a nice evening; always great to see a non Halfdan clay pipe post. Got to give the old clays a bit of love; they have a lot going for them! I was the only one smoking a clay at Nottingham Pipe Show on Sunday. The Clay King was a big hit with the crowd, got bought a couple of pints & gifted plenty of pipeweed!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Nice one Dan, the Artists Rifles fought in the Boer War among many other conflicts and the insignia is Mars and Minerva, their motto Mars Cum Minerva (war with wisdom). Google them, they have a very interesting history and a very impressive list of decorations and founding members.
@Birddog66 Thanks for the info - and the clays & baccy you sent me. Nice to meet @simong at Nottingham!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Morning everyone, currently smoking Anthology in a #05 small billiard Kaywoodie from a matched grain set and will be moving on to SG Bracken Flake (sadly discontinued and SG’s best ever blend imo) in a #17 long Dublin K from the same MG set. I’m drinking Lavazza Terra Africa, a lovely robust blend which I thoroughly recommend. image.jpg

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Something like this? ;)
2729.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.