Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
@Tate Happy Halloween!
Whereabouts are you?
Here in England it rarely snows in October / November although we can get a bit occasionally.
I've put my "No Trick or Treat" sign on the door; didn't get bothered last year!
Smoking Clan in the vintage clays; it burns hot & my most smoked clay has a small bowl so it only lasts about 5min; one of my other clays has a larger bowl so I can get a longer smoking time from it.
I'm thinking of going to Buxton (highest town in England) next month (before winter sets in up there) so I'll be taking my empty bottles, tubs, used pipe baccy pouches etc for refilling and re-using my water bottles for refilling at the Pump Room drinking fountains. Not much single use with me!
Disassembled 2 disposable vapes to recycle the casing & batteries; I hate them & think they should be banned!
I can imagine litter picking a place where people still smoke clay pipes:)
Happy Halloween to you! I'm in the Midwest in the US. Northern Illinois near Wisconsin. Just a dusting today nothing crazy.
Heck yeah man! We try to reuse stuff. My house came with a bunch of scrap wood and it's come in handy! Right now, I'm just smoking Five Brothers in a Marxman.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Blessed Eve of All Saints to all! Ending the month with KBV blends, starting with Spacial Cuts #2 in a Tilshead smooth Billiard with long sleight-bent saddle stem. Anne Cap in an Upshall P Bulldog with quarter-bent hex shank and matching saddle stem is up next awaiting the arrival of our trick-or-treaters.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Happy Halloween to you! I'm in the Midwest in the US. Northern Illinois near Wisconsin. Just a dusting today nothing crazy.
Heck yeah man! We try to reuse stuff. My house came with a bunch of scrap wood and it's come in handy! Right now, I'm just smoking Five Brothers in a Marxman.
@Tate I know that the Wisconsin Central Railroad purchased British Rail's freight business when it was privatised in the 1990s. I love re-using & recycling; I've got some plastic bottles for refilling this week and when I go to Buxton again I'm taking my used pipe baccy packets for my loose Gawith Hoggarth & refilling my water bottles at the Pump Room drinking fountains. Not much single use with me!
My support worker Jane says she hasn't had to buy any firewood for ages as I keep getting her some; Dad and I cut up my old model railway and gave it her as firewood; waste not, want not!
Please let me know when you receive your clay pipe & post some photos!
Where did you order your clay from and what make & style is it?
Be careful not to break it; I've lost count of how many clays I've broken; I suppose when you're the Clay King you get through more clays than anyone else:)
When I went to the Battle of Nantwich last January (not long until the next one) I broke one of my clays tapping the ash out in a pub ashtray. One of the Sealed Knot re-enactors showed me how to empty the ash out of a clay pipe without breaking it, by GENTLY tapping it against the back of your hand!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of 2017 Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes, and am waiting for the World Series and dinner... not necessarily in that order. :)
M.T. Natural.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.