Status
Not open for further replies.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Although it was just a small cigarillo, I did not finish my Toscanello Nero yesterday night. I am doing it today, in the morning, with the coffee. Typing on the PC some handwritten texts, listening to harp music, trying to "meditate" before -in about an hour- throwing myself into the soulcrusher for another workday.
I wish a good shift to those that have one ahead, a good rest to the rest, a nice Tueasday to all good people!

rest of yesterday's Toscanello Nero.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Although it was just a small cigarillo, I did not finish my Toscanello Nero yesterday night. I am doing it today, in the morning, with the coffee. Typing on the PC some handwritten texts, listening to harp music, trying to "meditate" before -in about an hour- throwing myself into the soulcrusher for another workday.
I wish a good shift to those that have one ahead, a good rest to the rest, a nice Tueasday to all good people!
Sounds like you are preparing yourself for battle. I wish you godspeed and patience. Had a rough day myself with another anticipated for tomorrow.

Sometimes I have a drink or smoke to relax and prepare for the battles that await. This evening, I read my daughter a bedtime story, then held her hand until she feel asleep. It was enough to prepare me for the flaming sideshow circus I'll walk into tomorrow.

Frank Sinatra once said "whatever it takes to get you through the night, whether a prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels." As for me, I run on caffeine, nicotine, and hatred with a splash of alcohol - and the thoughts of providing for my daughter (may she get further than me in this world).

Rest well, my friend.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just over a third of a bowl left of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Tomato the Brave has indeed gotten braver. He snuck in the house, and so we decided to eat him eat inside, figuring to put him after that. I sat down in my den chair, and a couple of minutes later, he did something he's never done in the five years he's been around: he jumped on to my lap. He wanted me to scratch his head, which I did, and gave me the happiest look I've ever seen from him, so I let him stay there until he was ready to go out.
Dunhill_1968Cherrywood_Shell_475_4S.jpg

alwayslit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2018
DC/Tampa
We had good national press, our record company spent so much on the record they hardly had anything left for distribution. It didn’t get promoted right and then we broke up, which never helps! 😂 A small label just pressed a vinyl release this year. We are basically sitting on it till we figure out how to promote it. There could be a reunion show but that would be a stretch for all of us. we will see.

WHFS is DC area? I got to record at inner ear studios in DC and put out a record when I was 14, that was a blast. It was punk rock and not so super. 😂😂😂 it was fun though.

It was definitely a unique radio station back in the day.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2019 C&D Derringer in a smooth dark brown medium bend pre-WWII Inderwick’s (Comoy’s) Carnaby Street 37 stack dublin with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Haven't smoked this pipe lately. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Inderwick's CarnabyStreet37.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
First bowl today is 2018 Quiet Nights in a Radice Rind Pure Billiard with Bamboo detailing. Hot cocoa on the side on a cold October day. My birthday, in fact. :)

Radice-2-Months-Belt-Stand500.jpg

Weather for Nerds/Geeks/Pilots
171953Z 24004KT 10SM BKN027 OVC033 12/06 A2998 RMK AO2

Happy Belated Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.