PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDL_Piper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Global warming is an incorrect term. Call it climate change and everything starts to make sense.
Nice nosewarmer btw. Is that an acrylic stem?
I think both terms are incorrect. There seems to be a complete disregard for the term “climate cycle” and here in Australia we definitely have 10’ish year cycles, so much so that in Agriculture you can nearly schedule your profit and loss statement by them. In the 40’s here you could flog a flea acros the paddocks and not lose it, 50’s were wet (floods), 60’s below average but not savagely dry, 70’s again (floods), 80’s dry as a chip, 90’s below average, 2000’s were above average and the last 3/4 years have been well above with the last two being floods. I know this because I have my family diaries and rainfall records going back to 1822. This has been my families profession all this time and we have been very successful at being cautious when the dry cycle approaches and have historically been in front of the market when the wet comes. Scientists are very good at doing models but change numbers slightly and outcomes become very different and you can make a “model” speak to an agenda. Be careful on believing all that is written even by learned fellows!
My father would say “ahh yes, the expert. X being and unknown quantity and spurt being a drip under pressure”

Yes on the acrylic stem and the pipe is 5.5 inches long so it’s not a nose warmer

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just cracked open a tin of Escudo from 2019 that I acquired in an exchange with @fireground_piper. Another thread made me realize that I don't think I've ever smoked one thing exclusively for an entire pouch/tin, so that will be my new challenge. I believe I've had Escudo years ago, but apparently don't have strong memories of it, so it's like I'm trying it all over again. Really enjoying this first bowl, more or less fully rubbed-out, in my Savinelli 313 Prince.

313_escudo_1021.jpg

As a side note, I love how nicely a tin of flake fits in one of these 4oz jelly jars. :)

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
I think both terms are incorrect. There seems to be a complete disregard for the term “climate cycle” and here in Australia we definitely have 10’ish year cycles, so much so that in Agriculture you can nearly schedule your profit and loss statement by them. In the 40’s here you could flog a flea acros the paddocks and not lose it, 50’s were wet (floods), 60’s below average but not savagely dry, 70’s again (floods), 80’s dry as a chip, 90’s below average, 2000’s were above average and the last 3/4 years have been well above with the last two being floods. I know this because I have my family diaries and rainfall records going back to 1822. This has been my families profession all this time and we have been very successful at being cautious when the dry cycle approaches and have historically been in front of the market when the wet comes. Scientists are very good at doing models but change numbers slightly and outcomes become very different and you can make a “model” speak to an agenda. Be careful on believing all that is written even by learned fellows!
My father would say “ahh yes, the expert. X being and unknown quantity and spurt being a drip under pressure”

Yes on the acrylic stem and the pipe is 5.5 inches long so it’s not a nose warmer
It's great that at least you still have the same pattern of typical weather periods over there, in Australia. I'm one of those so called "scientists", and by our measurements, at least in Iceland, the climate changes - thanks to the unusually rapid deceleration of the Gulf stream, unfortunately.

I see, the proportions of that Castello are quite misleading then. It looks like a nosewarmer by the shape (I reckon it's because of the photo). I like it. It's rather unusual, and unique.
All the best regarding weather, and happy smokes!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina

Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.