PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
I dream about either one! In the former case, can't because the wife doesn't want me stinking up the house or certain things in it. Our current house doesn't have any rooms that lend themselves to being sealed off and vented to the outside as well as my office in the old house.

In the latter case, I'm also very lazy. 😅 I've considered the garage, but there are also a lot of gas cans and solvents around. Perhaps with some better organization...

Sorry if my occasional kvetching about the topic gets on anyone's nerves!

Nothing to be sorry of, I’m just wondering about the amount of smokers that don’t smoke in their houses (anymore?) And I enjoyed the vision of having a tin shack with a fire and rocker just for smoking pipes, maybe with a small but excellent stereo inside, a box full of vinyls. Zappas Mother’s of invention, James Brown to funk or Chet Baker for the quiet moments. Maybe a friend strolling along, from time to time, who likes to share a bottle of wine, a smoke, a talk.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Nothing to be sorry of, I’m just wondering about the amount of smokers that don’t smoke in their houses (anymore?) And I enjoyed the vision of having a tin shack with a fire and rocker just for smoking pipes, maybe with a small but excellent stereo inside, a box full of vinyls. Zappas Mother’s of invention, James Brown to funk or Chet Baker for the quiet moments. Maybe a friend strolling along, from time to time, who likes to share a bottle of wine, a smoke, a talk.

That does sound like a little slice of heaven!

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
Home after running errands in the foul weather…This is SWRA tightly packed into the little restored Thermofilter, Cafe Bustelo in hot milk, with a shot of Maxwell House vanilla caramel latte, out in the lounge with temp hovering just over freezing, watching a mix snow/rain, spiritual programming on AM radio…

6FFDF21D-EB17-4BE8-8A24-904EFBF4FA30.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am not far from finishing this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Panama, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Been enjoying some quiet reading time with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Molly is snoozin' by my feet.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Miss a few days and I am so far behind - will get caught up this evening! Was recently gifted a cool, ancient little Meer and it is off for a little TLC and a “beater” stem so I don’t _____ up the amber one. Thinking about it and reading up on Meers in the forum and asking a couple questions made me decide to actually buy a current model as well, just to see what it is all about so out on the deck, fair weather has returned and enjoying some McClelland 2017 No. 27 I splurged on with @pipestud over the weekend for the occasion and a nice little plain IMP I found at Meerschaum Market with a stem that called to me. Both arrived today so of course ….1686BB1F-BC5B-474C-A49B-53AE1475485A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.