PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have about a third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. I may end the day with this smoke if I get everything done.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
1/3 rd bowl (left over from yesterday) of Lane 1-Q in the Barontini 1/2 spigot Billiard (9mm) this morning with columbian coffee and light creme. Very tasty and I discovered that the Barontini and the Savinelli Erica Fiamma 128 billiard (6mm), both of which have some porous fine grain that tends to make the pipes too hot too touch -- doesn't seem to get hot at all in the cooler weather, presumably because the heat dissipates faster. So I have decided to rotate those forward for Fall and Winter (use more often) and rotate the Savinelli 2614KS rusticated (6mm) and Vauen Olaf bent egg (9mm) sandblast (9mm) for Spring and Summer use and back up for F&W. The MM Mark Twain (6mm) is good all year. I may also dig out some of my unfiltered "hotter" pipes to re-try this season.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Looks like your Fallen Angel has had its wings clipped:)
Yep, from Asterix to Icarus. 😁
I think 1792 Flake is well suited to clay pipes; I'll have to get some to smoke in mine - and another tin of SG Black Forest (the real life "Clay King":))
The 1792 Flake was a real treat. Great for sipping.

OT:
Came back from a few hours of having a good time, went to a quiet lake that connnects to the river.
I think it's man-made. No music, no books, just thoughts. Brought my clay and cob along together with a tin of Perique/English & Danish style Black Cavendish/Virginia/Oriental. After a while the legs wanted to move and I ended up strolling through the far fields.

My place.
20221019_133742 - Copy.jpg

My view.
20221019_135745 - Copy.jpg

My clay. (The shell is there to keep the breeze out of the chamber)
20221019_140020 - Copy.jpg

My cob at the river.
20221019_144020 - Copy.jpg

As free as the wind blows, as free as the grass grows.
20221019_143050 - Copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Yep, from Asterix to Icarus. 😁

The 1792 Flake was a real treat. Great for sipping.

OT:
Came back from a few hours of having a good time, went to a quiet lake that connnects to the river.
I think it's man-made. No music, no books, just thoughts. Brought my clay and cob along together with a tin of Perique/English & Danish style Black Cavendish/Virginia/Oriental. After a while the legs wanted to move and I ended up strolling through the far fields.

My place.
View attachment 175987

My view.
View attachment 175988

My clay. (The shell is there to keep the breeze out of the chamber)
View attachment 175989

My cob at the river.
View attachment 175990

As free as the wind blows, as free as the grass grows.
View attachment 175991
@Chaukisch Looks a nice place for a clay pipe; I'll have to get out into the country to smoke a clay next month before winter really sets in. It was very windy the day I went to see the Sealed Knot at Bolsover Castle 🏰; Dad says I spent all day trying to light my clay pipe:)
I can tell you like natural & handmade things; just like me!
Still my favourite pipe in this forum:)

Status
Not open for further replies.