PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
It's same for many of my own blends, I find it's usually the mild ones that benefit from being smoked in a briar. The wood just gives it that certain extra flavor which also elevates what little the tobacco can offer by itself. I never considered the bent when it comes to taste, I'll have a closer look on that.

OT:
My first briar bowl of MacBaren's Scottish Blend, I can tell right off that the briar gives it a second chance to shine. It's still mild but has more to it. I'm just about done with the bowl and still happy, it gets sharper and better. Having a frosty tall blonde to cool down the hot short brunette.

View attachment 172269
@Chaukisch I tried a pipeful of Clan in a briar I bought for a friend and it tasted different / stronger than in my usual clays...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This year I've smoked one of twelve "dog walker" small cigars, not cigarillos, from an Iwan Ries sampler at the first day of each month. For October, it's a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, with a rich, balanced, not over-strong flavor. I've always wondered about this brand; the name sounds like someone who is a professional with thoroughbred horses. From this brief sample, it seems like a pretty good stick.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I tried a pipeful of Clan in a briar I bought for a friend and it tasted different / stronger than in my usual clays...
I wanted to tell you before that you should get or at least try a briar, but I see you know them already.
It's true, they can elevate certain if not all tobaccos. Especially the mild tasting ones.

OT:
Having a 50/50 mix of Clan/MacBaren's Scottish Blend, gonna see if it's any good but I don't see why not.
Lit up in my clay.

20221001_204657 - Copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a very tasty lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of 1970s Philip Morris Revelation in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of McCloud.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I wanted to tell you before that you should get or at least try a briar, but I see you know them already.
It's true, they can elevate certain if not all tobaccos. Especially the mild tasting ones.

OT:
Having a 50/50 mix of Clan/MacBaren's Scottish Blend, gonna see if it's any good but I don't see why not.
Lit up in my clay.

View attachment 172281
@Chaukisch Have a clay for me:)

Bwana Kiko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2021
Uganda
Good afternoon. After lunch. Let's start by smoking a bowl of lpg: Spark Plug, in a MM Diplomat pipe, accompanied by a glass of whiskey. A stressful few weeks, the usual, work, my in-laws' health, wife's health, worries. The usual, in a normal day. In my city there are more pharmacies and dental centers than stars in our galaxy. God bless you and have a happy weekend.
John,
Blessings on your weekend. Life is full of worries. My pipe is often symbolic of rest for me -- it is the conscious decision to stop and rest and reflect. That may be the first point of blessing.

And Spark Plug is one of my favorites too.

Status
Not open for further replies.