PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the quarter way mark on this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
Smoking now a self made blend, based mainly on Basmas tobacco. It was given to me by Nikos, one of the oldest and founding members or our local pipe club during last Wednesday's gathering. Nikos is an artist that makes various things "with his hands", among them: tobacco blends. I have tried many of his creations and I have to tell that all of them are very good and some are exceptional. When smoking them I also think that I consume something out of mass/series production, hand made and most possibly unique, and that makes them even better, so thank you Nikos.
In a MM General.

A happy month to all, good people.

Self made Basmas blend - MM General.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Watching the last chapter of Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Dublin.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Cornell & Diehl Pirate Kake in a Rayex Meerschaum-Lined, Blue Polymer Bent Billiard, with an Off-White/Urine Coloured Nylon Stem. I scored this and a couple other interesting pipes at an antique store around the corner from the PA house a few weeks ago (sadly, they've closed as of yesterday). The pipe still had a half smoked bowl of something in it from I don't know how many years ago. Unfortunately, I suspect the moisture from that last smoke lingered and helped disintegrate the pressed Meerschaum. When I gently scraped the stuff out, much of the lining just crumbled away. I patched it with Plaster of Paris and am hoping it will allow me to enjoy this pipe now, and in the future.

IMG_20221001_005816.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some snacking, and have about a third of a bowl left of year 2022 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem.
Rinaldo Silver Line 7 Odea 04 bulldog .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am smoking year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Readin' and smokin'! :)
BBB Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A mate came over to join in a smoke
Then preparations for the lunch I'm cooking tomorrow - Moroccan saffron chicken with couscous
And helping my wife with a couple of household chores.

So finally time to sit and post my second smoke of the day
Gawith Hoggarth Balkan Mixture
In a Peterson X155 Silver Series straight Bulldog from post-WW ll.
And yes, it does pass a cleaner 😄

image.jpgimage.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Reading while this bowl lasts.
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I thought my last two batches were (so far) a job well done and wanted to treat myself so I went to the place that sold me my first pipe and pipe tobacco. Of course their selection wasn't satisfying, I wanted a
Nightcap or Dark Moor/Night Owl. Instead I got these two.

20221001_114524 - Copy.jpg
Both came rather dry, I transferred the tobac into jars.

20221001_122205 - Copy.jpg
I just finished the first bowl of the Mac Baren, it started pleasant and mild but I wasn't impressed.
The second half was more to my taste, I got the pipe sizzling and had two cheeks full of thick and heavy smoke with a very mild aroma of... maybe Sherry? Also pretty unsatisfying when it comes to Vitamin N.
I like it but I don't see why this would cost 10,20€.
The Clan comes for 7,60€ and I know it's going to be a much more enjoyable smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.