PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
My working day has shuddered to an end and its time for a bowl. I am using this wonderful meerschaum 'cutty' picked up from @paulfg. It has had a nice bowl scrape, meerschaum 'butt' plug installed and I am now going to take it through its paces with some Bosun Plug and see how the pipe responds. With the correct 'butt' plug and 30 or 40 bowls of plug it should start to color up nicely.

thumbnail-4.jpeg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Mac Baren: HH Old Dark Fired in a Meer...
r0xNM9F.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Good Morning. Well another day of piping appears to be in my future. I am cutting off a few slices of Warrior Plug from a fresh packet and I am going to take this new to me meerschaum 'cutty' purchased from @paulfg for a test drive around the block! See you all later.
@condorlover1 Hope you're well - getting the bathroom remodelled this week!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps and am close to finishing this bowl of D&R Ryback in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Trying to get stuff done before the ball game.
Charatan_Special_pot.jpg

Alex96

Lurker
Oct 4, 2021
That is an interesting plug. May I inquire as to who makes this blend?
Hello, of course... I got the plug from Germany - Cologne to be precise.
"Peter Heinrichs" is the name of the store and I also the name of the now deceased owner, so the presumed creator of the tobacco.

Here is the link: Peter Heinrichs Reserve Crue No. 6 100g - https://www.peterheinrichs.de/detail/index/sArticle/206040/sCategory/3738
Description of the tobacco:

"A base blend of Red Mottled Virginia and Carolina Leaf, to which small amounts of Turkish Havana and medium-strength Kentucky are added to achieve a balanced effect
effect. Everything is blended and stored for a few days to be fully intregrated. Then this mixture is divided into 10 pound pieces and cold pressed for several weeks. During this process, harmonization is naturally obtained and a very slow burning flake is produced. Color: light brown, medium strong."

Tastes great!