SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 23, 2019
Nate King Meerschaum Prince with a titanium band and amber stem, keeping it smokey with a home mixture of mostly Penzance with a healthy pinch of McClelland's Holiday Spirit.

njjAlpwl.jpg

Been smoking it pretty heavy for two years now, but since I keep it unwaxed it really doesn't pick up too much color. (I think the brightness in the picture is kind of misleading, in reality it's a fairly uniformed light cream color).

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Gentlemen it is my last bowl of the day. For tonight I am smoking a bowl of Grassmere supplied courtesy of a dear friend who kindly sent me a Red Cross parcel. My pipe de jour this evening is a very late 19th century or early 20th century meerschaum 'cutty' with full amber stem, bird feather stinger. Note that after extreme smoking and when compared to earlier pictures it is finally starting to color and I am hopeful of substantial progress in the month of October. I wish you all a safe and contented evening and I will see you all tomorrow if 'the big fella' upstairs says that another day of pipe smoking is in my tomorrow. May your particular god go with you and goodnight gents!

View attachment 100598
Bird feather stinger? I’m intrigued can I get a pic please.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Evening all, I’m finishing up some GH Four Squires that I found lurking in a old tin, probably about six months on it and rather tasty in the lizard Longchamp. Already today I’ve had Bayou Morning, McBarren Navy (another lurker that I got last Xmas and originally bit my arse off), and Comoy’s Cask No4 (amazing if you can find it).
Up next is HU Manyara in a Donegal Rocky Bulldog, McCelland Mature Cake in one of the Ornsby’s and Wilke Crystal Palace in a Grabow CDL.
A glass of Port accompanies as it’s getting towards that time of year. EF459D38-20E2-427C-BFA4-271C7E753842.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Going to be another VERY busy day, and I'm so far behind in reading posts that I hope you folks will understand if I can't go back and read and like them.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg