*** What Are You Smoking? *** (October, 2019)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Ardor Pipes
60 Fresh Peterson Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
24 Fresh Neerup Pipes
2 Fresh Pete Prevost Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty snack, and am now smoking early 1970s MacBaren Burley London Blend in a 1981 Ascorti Black Billiard Business with a military bit and pearl gray acrylic tapered stem. Working and listening to Frontier Gentleman starring John Dehner.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1979 black sandblasted medium bend Savinelli Non Pareil 9606 Billiard with a military mount horn ferrule and black vulcanite stem.

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
Now smoking Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight late ‘50s, early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Do you look at estate sales for pipes like that or do they just pop up on consignment websites?

Reactions: JimInks
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
In my quest for more, good Va Or blends, I ordered several tins of Robert Lewis Orcilla Mixture and am smoking the first bowl in a Rubio Shape 55 Dragon Scales. Glad I tried this. Clearly Oriental forward with the bright Va adding some sweetness and faint citrus flavor. The Perique must be in small doses, purely a condiment (which is how I prefer it). Needs to be smoked slow to appreciate the flavors and avoid bite. I'll bet this blend will age nicely. If you're a VaOr fan, I would recommend this blend.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The other VaOr I picked up was Low Country Waccamaw. The Perique is a more prevalent in this blend, the Oriental a bit more subdued though it is present in every puff. The Perique is more plum and fig than pepper so it is a nice touch. Unique blend and quite good. I'll bet this one ages very, very well. Will likely pick up a few more tins but I like the RL Orcilla Mixture better. I'll decide what I'm doing after I've smoked more bowls of each.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.

Status
Not open for further replies.