PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Shane Ireland at Smoking Pipes and Peterson to bring the pipe back into production. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_X155.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Very little makes me jealous of anything British, but that sure does!!!
@Sobrbiker I've booked a spa break at Buxton Crescent:
Might get some refills from Day Zero & loose Gawith Hoggarth from Appleyards on my way home:
Established 1871; they've probably been selling clay pipes & Gawith tobacco since then:)
Planning to visit pubs with real fires over the winter as well!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I do have a bag of Tilbury and I’m very fond of it, that’s really good to know and I’ll definitely tell you what I think when I get my hands on a tin. Germain’s is pretty hard to find even here but I have a secret source 😉

One last thing, it’s my understanding their blends have been changing over the years, so I’m not sure what these blends were like years ago, compared to more recent blends.

I’ve smoked around 4 different Esoterica blends, Tilbury 2021, the rest 2022, and 4 different Germain’s blends, 2022, 2023.

The Esoterica blends have stronger casings, and the Germain’s have all come across with more subtle casings, is except B.K. Flake, which has a somewhat stronger casing.

So my experience so far, is that Esoterica has been a stronger line, and Germain’s a more delicate subtle line, and I’m not sure if that’s how J.F. Germain & Son has created them to be.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
@Sobrbiker I've booked a spa break at Buxton Crescent:
Might get some refills from Day Zero & loose Gawith Hoggarth from Appleyards on my way home:
Established 1871; they've probably been selling clay pipes & Gawith tobacco since then:)
Planning to visit pubs with real fires over the winter as well!
Live your best life @halfdan !

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
The sun came today and wind was lite. Took a stroll around the yard surveying and noting of what needs to be completed before Winter. Enjoyed some 2021 C&D Red Virginia Cavendish that has settled into an amazing smoke. Super smooth, subtly sweet with some baked bread notes. Employed the KW billiard Meer- a great little pipe indeed.
My Mom decided I could have these Hummel figurines when I visited her a few weeks ago. I’ve loved them since I was a child. They were purchased in Germany back in 1960 two years before I was born there in Augsburg. Dad was stationed there then.
image.jpg
image.jpg

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
HU My Red Fox in an Altinay

53213085465_f663209aaa_k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.