PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
The mailman just delivered this little nose-warmer, a 4” French Clap Pipe De Luxe with horn stem and gold band (can’t read the hallmark unfortunately). I can’t find any information on it and it’s probably a sub-brand of another maker but for £9.50 it was a steal and probably only smoked a couple of times. No idea of the age but it’s a decent little pipe and I’m having some 633 for the maiden voyage. image.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Trying out some BriarWorks Peach Cobbler for the first time in a Peterson Junior Rusticated Billiard.

IMG20231101104941~2.jpg

My initial impression is that there's nothing terribly peachy going on here. It's a basic aromatic with a flavor that's mostly sweet Black Cavendish, nutty Burley, and a little grassy Virginia. There is something vaguely fruity in the background, though I don't think I would have identified it as peach had I not been told it was supposed to be peach. There's also a hazelnut and amaretto cream kind of note that drifts in and out. The smoke seems to be making me salivate and spit quite a bit too, which is odd. The tobacco burns very quickly but is smooth as can be on the retrohale, and has a nicotine content that I'd say is on the lower end of medium. I don't think this one will be a keeper though if for no other reason than the weird saliva issue and overall lack of peach flavor. I'll try smoking it again with some dry time before passing judgement, since it was pretty wet straight out of the jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.