PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Have been down and out a few days. Looks like still a few more. Got clobbered with sinus infection, strep throat, and a violent cough. Sure somethin going around. Even THINKIN about smoking makes me cough. I gather you are sick too @Birddog66 . Here's hoping we all get over this nasty crap soon. See y'all on the flipside.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Trying out some Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia in the Dr. Grabow Lark this morning, which is weird for me since I don't usually smoke Virginias.

IMG20231119112432~2.jpg

In spite of my usual aversion to Virginias (due mostly to the tongue bite they almost always seem to give me) I found Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia to be very cool burning and flavorful, with the whole range of Virginia tobacco flavors present and accounted for. There's a little bright grassiness and hay, a little green tea, a little dark breadiness, a vegetal note, and subtle natural sweetness. It's all the Virginia flavors in one, is quite smooth on the retrohale all the way to the bottom, and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. It burned very slowly, though it did require quite a few relights in spite of being dried until nearly crispy before smoking. The nicotine hit was a good substantial medium too, which I always appreciate. No perceptible tongue bite, and only a touch of throat dryness. It's really pleasant stuff and I could easily see myself having no trouble smoking a whole tin of this, assuming I don't get some surprise tongue bite showing up later.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
WC Simply Orange in a Pete PSB X105

53273947232_d42de11a59_k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.