PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Peretti BPC in my Brulor Page Pot with morning coffee. @rsshreck32 I've also had trouble keeping this lit -- recently heard on PipesMag Radio Show that a slow smoke world champion would use his tamper to crush plug cut tobaccos before loading. Tried it this morning, it helps!
View attachment 262395
Thanks for the info, I was thinking about that this morning. I'm going to give that a try. BPC and 333 are absolutely amazing, and they'll be better if I can keep 'em lit!

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
A test drive of the new Asteriou with some C&D Folklore. Nothing brightens up a day more than a fantastic new pipe. Asteriou out did himself on this one. I really love the blend also after sitting for 9 months.
View attachment 262402
I've been smoking the 2 year old Folklore and thinking it's just getting better and better.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
GLP Montgomery in a Genod Bulldog

53277098967_5eac5d8e5b_k.jpg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
2017 MacBaren HH Acadian Perique in my Scottie.

This blend contains "Burley, Cavendish, Kentucky, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia". I find it to be pretty unique and am hard pressed for what to compare it to. Maybe D&R Picayune?

I never was able to smoke much of this when I first opened it in 2017. I found it a little harsh. (Same as Picayune!) At 6 years in a jar it's pretty sublime. It's got a lot of complexity, and good burley flavour, and it has a subtle persistent sweetness on the tongue, and no rough edges to it at all. I wish I'd stocked up on this one when it was still in production. (Same as Picayune!)

Drinking rum and root beer. Enjoy the weekend, people!

View attachment 262326
Does that pipe smoke as good as it looks?

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Had a bowl of Exclusive! Vapers and Balkans have been my go tos for the last couple days. There is something about Exclusive for me! It's one of my "Old friend" blends that I have heard about. Can always expect a great smoke!
@Tate Do you think it would suit the King's Clay? Sent you a PM.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
A test drive of the new Asteriou with some C&D Folklore. Nothing brightens up a day more than a fantastic new pipe. Asteriou out did himself on this one. I really love the blend also after sitting for 9 months.
View attachment 262402
You grabbed that one before I had a chance! I love that pipe. I pulled the trigger on the Asteriou cutty that came up about a week later and have on layaway at SP for purchase after Christmas. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
002-540-0206.7620.jpg
It's a little conservative for my tastes but the shape is exactly what I was looking for from this carver. Now the only one left on my short list is Pastuch. Enjoy that Sphinx!

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I know Dan. You have told me many times about firing up your pipe with a flaming sheep turd from the blacksmith forge. Have you tried any other historical ways of lighting pipe. Sticking your head in a blast furnace for example to capture that early 19th century Industrial Revolution feel? How about using a flint and steel and the lint from your pockets instead of matches? I am sure if you applied yourself to this task diligently you could come up with an unlimited number of repeatable scenarios!
Climbing a tall tree in the middle of a field during a lightning storm.

Last edited:

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
You grabbed that one before I had a chance! I love that pipe. I pulled the trigger on the Asteriou cutty that came up about a week later and have on layaway at SP for purchase after Christmas. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
View attachment 262426
It's a little conservative for my tastes but the shape is exactly what I was looking for from this carver. Now the only one left on my short list is Pastuch. Enjoy that Sphinx!
Gorgeous! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.