PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Peterson Royal Yacht in a Savinelli 614. Everything about this blend on paper seems like it wouldn’t be my style, but I thoroughly enjoy it.

It's amazing the differences in individuals palate's/tastes when you read some reviews regarding Royal Yacht, with the whole Royal Yuck and all. Personally I also enjoyed it, will have to revisit some time soon as I remember it to be a smooth, no nonsense 'darker' Virginia blend. Somebody on TR likened it to 'Grandma's Oatmeal' as a tobacco blend, I thought that was spot on!

Currently smoking Davidoff Scottish Mixture in a Savinelli Fantasia smooth 111KS, this blend lately, for me, is a bugger to keep lit regardless of dry time.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Country Squire Old Toby in the MM Mark Twain cob with forever stem to welcome the first frost of the season. I had an older Smoke Butler outdoor ashtray at work not being used, so I brought it home and put it on my back porch in a corner. Turns out the aluminum funnel on top is perfect for dumping dottle without spillage. No tapping damage to pipe either. It works.

1668526100135.png

Status
Not open for further replies.