PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
in keeping with my 2022 ritual of smoking one small "dog walker" sampler cigar the first of each month, yesterday, Nov. 1, I smoked a H. Upmann Reserve, medium strong with a hint of sweetness in the background, a little hard on the draw at first, and losing flavor in the last quarter, but enjoyable otherwise. It was also a celebration of my wife and I completing early voting in our state of N.C. where all of the volunteers were convivial, the day was sunny, and it was an enjoyable experience, with my wife voting curbside, for her mobility issues, and me voting inside with almost no line. The cigar sampler is from Iwan Ries, with one more of the dozen cigars left, for December.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Now having my 2019 Escudo in a cob that a friend gave me when he got out of pipes and moved away. Folded and stuffed this time, by folding the coin in half and then in half again (like folding a coffee filter into a cone shape), and inserting the resulting wad "sideways" to orient the grain vertically. Pretty nice creamy smoke, with occasional hints of the Captain Black that was smoked in this pipe previously. Shouldn't take too many more bowls to chase that ghost away for good. :)

cob_esc_1102.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of Robert McConnell’s Black & Gold in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a dark tortoise shell colored tapered acrylic stem. Been cleaning a couple of estate pipes, and now working on a review of this blend. Too bad K&K has changed all the McConnells blends. No blend is safe from K&K, tsk tsk.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Watch City New Beta in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Just posted reviews of two McConnells blends at TR.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.