PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking 1980s American Tobacco Co. Bourbon Blend in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer with a black vulcanite stem.

Today is the late Steve Ditko's birthday. For those who don't know, Steve was the co-creator of Spider-Man and Dr. Strange. He plotted and drew a very memorable run of Hulk stories in the 1960s, recreated Captain Atom and the Blue Beetle, too. He also created, co-wrote and drew Shade the Changing Man, Stalker, Speedball, Hawk and Dove, The Creeper, and my favorite, Mr. A. There's an big list of other features he drew, too. He was one of my favorite comic book creators, and I was fortunate to work with him a couple of times. A very reclusive man, I felt blessed to have known him, and spend some time with him. A great man... one of the most creative, brilliant, honest human beings I ever knew.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated slight bend black sandblasted Lorenzo Elba Imperia 8636 with an amber colored acrylic saddle stem. Did a set of walks in the chilly wind, and my tobacco burned faster than usual. Oh well, I have more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.