PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Home and exhausted after a long road, but I had a great day. M'lady and I went Richmond, Va., and were given a two hour personal tour of the Sutliff factory today, and they also gifted me a fair amount of tobaccos. The people there couldn't possibly have been nicer to us, and I learned a great deal about the company, and how tobacco is processed. It was endlessly fascinating. When they opened the doors to processing section, I was hit with the wonderful smell of latakia! It only got better from there on, seeing the steps used to bag and/or tin tobaccos from beginning to end. The knowledge and passion for tobaccos was such a great thing to witness. Wish I had owned a video camera to record it.
And you get to smoke there, too! I smoked Old Dark Fired, Edward G. Robinson, and Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match while I was there. Again, I had a wonderful time with very good people who were generous with their time during a work day. It was one great day!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished Man's Best Friend in a 2003 smooth matte finish Karl Erik rough top freehand. Next is Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a slight bend rusticated 1979 Savinelli Estella 310 poker.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
jiminks, GOOD FOR YOU! Sounds like a wonderful day my friend. I am currently smoking a bowl of Dunhill NIGHTCAP in a BriarBird smooth billiard...

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Savinelli Cavendish in an Invicta Briars banker.
Banker-W-48g-1.7oz-L-150mm-5.9inch-Bowl-Dia-23mm-%A3-35.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Rum and Maple in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Peretti's London Flake in a 2002 medium bend smooth straight grain Karl Erik freehand with a pointy bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.