PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Missouri Meerschaum Missouri Pride in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
MacBaren Modern Virginia Flake in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Paul Olsen St. Croix in an MM Country Gent. Working in Paris this week so have to remember their smoking rules!
Andy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in the second pipe I ever bought, a 1974 three quarter bend black groove carved Dr. Grabow Omega. Next will be P&W #515 in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem.

I just finished a bowl of Firedance Flake in a bent Savinelli dry dublin. And, now on to some Carter Hall in a silver banded cob.
My tin of Firedance barely has any flavor or aromatic-ness to it. With reports of ghosting on the reviews, I was expecting big smells from this one. Is this a dry tin, or is supposed to be just barely a hint of aromatic to it?

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
@Cosmic - I've recently had Firedance fresh from a tin bought direct from Bob Gregory at Samuel Gawith and the aroma is huge. You couldn't miss it. Also, SG flakes tend to be a bit soggy. I think you've got a dry tin.
Paul Olsen - My Own Blend 111 in a 1960s black rusticated straight Comoys Majestic pot with a saddle-stem.
Andy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking MacBaren Virginia #1 in a late '90s half smooth/half etched freehand sitter, medium bend Nielsen Viggo. Next is Jim's Burley #1 in a 1980 three quarter bend long stem Ascorti New Dear KS egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.