PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi Thanks !!! i have 3 acres of land on the hills around 500m/1500ft above sea level, current plants is a pilot project and we're seeding more (40days) and learning on how to cure and cut them. The popular cut here is shag-like thin cuts. Not sure of the plant species, as its all traditionally grown since the Dutch colonial days in the 1850s or so puffy puffy puffy

as for smoking, today is Amphora in a Stanwell Reg'd Royal Briar 336 (Larry Carlton Room 335 :rolleyes:)
View attachment 311538

Some pics from other localities, where leaves are not cured (only for a night on the shed, unheated) then sliced and dried outpuffypuffypuffy

View attachment 311534
View attachment 311535
View attachment 311536
Is the tobacco for kreteks, cigarettes or RYO ?
How much, if any, is used for cigars ?
And how much for pipe tobacco ?

I grew up in Malaysia, but I am not aware if there is a tobacco industry there

dingdong

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
Is the tobacco for kreteks, cigarettes or RYO ?
How much, if any, is used for cigars ?
And how much for pipe tobacco ?

I grew up in Malaysia, but I am not aware if there is a tobacco industry there
Hi, this particular cut (called "mole") is used for RYO in Indonesia. There are very few local pipe tobacco makers and most of the tobacco leaves/cuts are sold to cigarette makers (local for kretek) and mainly exported. There are various localities (we have over 17,000 islands) so each are have different tobacco characters. Indonesia also export a lot of leaves for cigar fills and wrapper (Sumatra Deli,etc). Tobacco Industry exists since the colonial days so its over 100 years old.
We even have government owned tobacco/cigar manufacturer puffy puffy puffy now where do you find that these days???

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Thank you my friend Douglas. This deserves a few shots of whiskey, to your health. A beautiful photo, carajo.........View attachment 311516
Blessed Condor in a Stanwell 91. Special thanks to @JOHN72 who besides being able to beat someone like a cauliflower, is without a doubt, a top notch pipe smoker and an even better friend. It is true that although Condor is not the same as it was of old, good friends like Juan age like fine wines and never turn to vinegar.

jack-nicholson-icegif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.