PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
My youngest daughter graduates Magna Cum Laude from Missouri State University in about 1 hour. I am getting set to watch the live stream here in FL. I brought out some Sutliff Cringle Flake 2020 to smoke in the Mark Tinsky 1-Star Bent Pot for the occasion. Of course, I would rather be there but, the damn pandemic restricted her guests to 4 and her mother, boyfriend, and 2 of her sisters lived much closer. She has been accepted at UCONN, where she will be pursuing a masters degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs. She has, also, been awarded a Graduate Assistantship in the Center for Fraternity & Sorority Development. I guess, you can see that I am proud?
Congrats to you and your daughter, that’s a heck of an achievement, who wouldn’t be proud of that. ?‍?⭐️?

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Afternoon everyone, I just got in from having a poke around some local antique/charity shops and found this lovely handmade Stanwell for only £10. It’s been very carefully smoked by the looks of it but I’m not sure what shape it comes under, the stem is oval and quite broad and it has a rounded rim to the bowl. Anyway I’m gonna fire up some Star of the East and see how she handles. image.jpgimage.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My youngest daughter graduates Magna Cum Laude from Missouri State University in about 1 hour. I am getting set to watch the live stream here in FL. I brought out some Sutliff Cringle Flake 2020 to smoke in the Mark Tinsky 1-Star Bent Pot for the occasion. Of course, I would rather be there but, the damn pandemic restricted her guests to 4 and her mother, boyfriend, and 2 of her sisters lived much closer. She has been accepted at UCONN, where she will be pursuing a masters degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs. She has, also, been awarded a Graduate Assistantship in the Center for Fraternity & Sorority Development. I guess, you can see that I am proud?
That is wonderful. Student Affairs is a totally admirable career as well, IMO.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I stand corrected. ‘Summa’ Cum Laude. I underestimated her?.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
After a little research on the amazing pipedia I have found that this shape #75 is a freehand by Sixten Ivarsson, I haven’t been able to put a date on it and probably won’t but it smokes like a dream and that’s what matters in the long run. This is the same shop I found my two 1921 Masta’s and a 69 Donegal Rocky among others so it’s a great resource for me. There’s a strange looking DrPlum in there which I might go back for tomorrow.
Having some Germain’s Plum Cake in the li’l Lovat at the moment.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink on this very lovely, temperate day. Time for Mad Dog Russo while I wait on important "hate mail".
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.