PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Mayday! Mayday! I just brought in about 5 lbs of new tobacco. Some HH Burley Flake which surprisingly or maybe unsurprisingly? tastes like Amphora Burley blend, and I can taste familiar notes that I'd tasted in other burley's.
Also got in some new to me D&R tobacco: Cockstrong: which is a burley blend too. It is something I'm trying instead of TwoTimer for a bit.
Then too, I got in some Sutliff Aged Red VA. I got this also, instead of one of the usual D&R VA's I might order, just to try and to 'diversify'.
Lately, I've been messing with mixing in some aromatic tobacco. I have Lane Black Vanilla Cav and Lane Dark Red in the house now, and both are surprisingly tasty and pleasantly satisfying as is. I'm leaning toward the Dark Red as a favorite.
Oh? What am I smoking? Hmmn. I already went out and walked for about a mile to get my bowels working with a MM Morgan and Cockstrong. I got these tobaccos (except for the aros) in yesterday afternoon late, and I've tried em all already. The VA is nice, but you have to really slow down to keep a red from snapping at you. I got it primarily to mix with a burley and expect to get some good perique soon too.
I guess you can figure out that I've already smoked something that inspires me to ramble, but, I'm an old man, so, please indulge me. I'm gonna have some more of that Cockstrong and another lunt with one of the first pipes I got on an ebay auction, inspired by JimInks pipe selections tonight, a meer lined Canadian with the nomenclature: St. James London Pipe, Made in England (in a circle on the other side of the shank, like Comoy's) and has a sitter bottom.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
Starting May (my birthday month) with Peterson's Irish Flake. When I first got it about a month ago my tongue was instantly scorched. Having let it breathe for a while, and let some of it really dry out, I quite like it. Enough to enjoy two bowls in one evening. I think I may have benefited from letting the topping dry off a little bit. I find I get along better with little to no topping.

germinal

Lurker
Mar 18, 2021
Sweden
Now smoking some C&D Autumn Evening in this Stanwell shape 140 quarter bent Dublin. Clear but not overpowering maple sweetness, occasional wafts of rum and vanilla. Alot going on here. Burns like a brushfire but smokes alot like a Virginia, low and slow and it's very rewarding. Seems divisive but I think it's a great blend.
20210501_121627.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.