PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Now smoking C&D Golden Days of Yore 2020 in an undated quarter bend Royal Meerschaum eagle claw egg meer with a black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic tapered stem.
View attachment 82100
I enjoy seeing your varied collection, but this one caught me by surpise, not being your usual more conservative types. I do like this one. I suspect the patina from handling and smoking makes it more personal and enjoyable.

I know you enjoy your Conrad pipes, but do you enjoy them due to their provenance or do you like the shape of his collection? Sorry for thread drift and feel free to PM me if you prefer.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Up early, and am a third of the way through this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I enjoy seeing your varied collection, but this one caught me by surpise, not being your usual more conservative types. I do like this one. I suspect the patina from handling and smoking makes it more personal and enjoyable.

I know you enjoy your Conrad pipes, but do you enjoy them due to their provenance or do you like the shape of his collection? Sorry for thread drift and feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Both.

I have a lot of pipes that aren't traditional. I have a thread elsewhere with photos of the greater part of my collection. PM incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.