PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
A little vanilla custard aro from the Oxmoor Smoke Shoppe in Louisville KY in a 2020 Peterson Christmas poker, paired with an Old Forester single barrel. Celebrating success after finding out the job I have been pushing for in Louisville is mine, cross country move upcoming.View attachment 132462
Nice Peterson sir and congratulations on the new job!

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
A little vanilla custard aro from the Oxmoor Smoke Shoppe in Louisville KY in a 2020 Peterson Christmas poker, paired with an Old Forester single barrel. Celebrating success after finding out the job I have been pushing for in Louisville is mine, cross country move upcoming.View attachment 132462
Much congratulations for you Sir. ?☕

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Kendal Kentucky in a Meer...​

iuFWcK6.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A couple of blasts from the past spurred on by a few recent posts.

I haven't smoked Amphora aromatics since the early 1980s. So an order went in for a tin recently. When the parcel arrived, I discovered 2 tins. I must have pressed the button twice. I now have enough Amphora Full Aroma for the next 20 years !

In a W.O. Larsen snifter. image.jpg

PiedmontPipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2022
A little vanilla custard aro from the Oxmoor Smoke Shoppe in Louisville KY in a 2020 Peterson Christmas poker, paired with an Old Forester single barrel. Celebrating success after finding out the job I have been pushing for in Louisville is mine, cross country move upcoming.
Congratulations on the new job!
We did a cross-country move last fall. Although it was a lot of work, we look back on it as an adventure now.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
A couple of blasts from the past spurred on by a few recent posts.

I haven't smoked Amphora aromatics since the early 1980s. So an order went in for a tin recently. When the parcel arrived, I discovered 2 tins. I must have pressed the button twice. I now have enough Amphora Full Aroma for the next 20 years !

In a W.O. Larsen snifter. View attachment 132464
Nice pipe sir,
I’ve only got one W.O Larsen but I’m quite pleased with it and will likely be picking up a couple more.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of 1970s Philip Morris Revelation in a post-1952 Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
About to have Haunted Bookshop in a Savinelli Sherwood Rock Briar Bulldog 624. The second pic is the same pipe before getting cleaned up using La Belle Epoque Before and After Deoxidizer and Restoration Balm. I probably should've soaked the stem longer to get it closer to black, but, I can always give it another treatment next time. I wanted to get it in smokable condition first.

Savinelli-Sherwood-624-06.jpg

Savinelli-Sherwood-624-03.jpg

If a tin or jar has less than one bowl, I move the contents to a remaining jar.

When I purchased some tobacco from a forum member probably 2 years ago, he kindly added a few samples.

Two of such samples were C&D Pegasus and Peter Stokkebye English Luxury Flake. They were very generous but I had smoked only 1-2 bowls each.

I added these to my bowl of left overs. Then I added a generous helping of aged Lane 1-Q from 2017 which I smoke very rarely.

It yielded about 2.5-3.0 oz of a blend which I am calling “Sum Of Parts”

It has turned out to be an exceptional smoke. Smoking “Sum Of Parts” in a Savinelli Silver 606 EX

On a different note - Burley added to an aromatic gives body to to a flavored smoke. Latakia and Virginia from the English adds complexity. This is what happened here

Status
Not open for further replies.