PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
That 1st bowl of MacBaren's HH Arcadian Perique went a lot better than I'd expected. The awful smell from the coating only appeared intermittently. I really did not want to dedicate this pipe to an English/Balkan blend.

The next bowl is Peterson's Elizabethan Mixture

In a S Bang canted tulip - deeply grooved and sandblasted (a la Tom Eltang). With a slightly bent saddle stem. Copenhagen era.

image.jpg

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
It did well. I do think you were onto something when you noticed that it mellows the rough edges on some blends. I was trying the "breath" method for the first time today, so that made a little difference in all the pipes I smoked.
Yes indeed. I deploy them with more awareness mow and am deriving more pleasure from them. They do better with Latakia and/or Perique heavy blends.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Jubilaeums Flake Small Batch (1371/1500) in a Savinelli Autograph (Grade 6, or Group 6 as described on the Savinelli site) Rhodesian.

IMG_20220327_020202.jpg
This is the first of two Autograph Rhodesians gotten directly from Savinelli. Their low slung profiles made my eyes pop out of my head; I'm a sucker for squat Rhodesians. I'm bummed there were were duties and taxes due upon arrival; I'm just glad they weren't as high as some stories I've read. The chamber is a good deal smaller than is my usual preference, but, I love the look and feel of the pipe so much. In actuality, the size may work out well for a Virginia blend.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.