PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Peterson: 3 P's - Peterson's Perfect Plug in a Meer...
dgfRM3o.jpg

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
I just received my first tin of this recently. The first bowl was fantastic. How does it age?
I opened a tin just a few weeks ago (these are technically not sealed, but the bag was well taped etc.) from 2018, and it was good (I smoked a couple nice bowls then mason jarred it all for later). Moisture was still normal and very ready to smoke. I enjoyed the smoke greatly. I had never tried it fresh to note the difference. My personal rating notes which grade VERY hard at even the best smokes leaving room for higher if that were ever possible... I would consider it an extra +1-2 ✠Skulls from my personal notes.

A Good Wood
[Tin/bag - Just right moisture after being in Tin for over 2 years. Fairly dry and ready to smoke.]

Darker midrange browned grass. Very smooth. No perique - because there is none from what I read now. Slight floral note at times with a light sweetness here and there. The Kentucky is not a dominator to me. Good lighter wood and earthiness. Lovely stuff!

Burns excellent, hardly a relight needed, which is very quick if the time comes. Not a moisture maker or biter.
◄7/10✠Skulls►

Last edited:

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I opened a tin just a few weeks ago (these are technically not sealed, but the bag was well taped etc.) from 2018, and it was good (I smoked a couple nice bowls then mason jarred it all for later). Moisture was still normal and very ready to smoke. I enjoyed the smoke greatly. I had never tried it fresh to note the difference. My personal rating notes which grade VERY hard at even the best smokes leaving room for higher if that were ever possible... I would consider it an extra +1-2 ✠Skulls from my personal notes.

A Good Wood
[Tin/bag - Just right moisture after being in Tin for over 2 years. Fairly dry and ready to smoke.]

Darker midrange browned grass. Very smooth. No perique - because there is none from what I read now. Slight floral note at times with a light sweetness here and there. The Kentucky is not a dominator to me. Good lighter wood and earthiness. Lovely stuff!

Burns excellent, hardly a relight needed, which is very quick if the time comes. Not a moisture maker or biter.
◄7/10✠Skulls►
Thanks for the write up. I need to pick up a few more tins from the sounds of it

Status
Not open for further replies.