PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
After opening up the GLP Gaslight a few weeks ago and the Temple Bar two days ago, I decided to continue delving into the GLP world of plug tobacco!
today I went to the cellar and grabbed a tin of Sep 17 Jack Knife Plug to smoke.
Now the work orders for this plug tobacco adventure, I grabbed the Altinay Rusticated Dublin Mee, my plug knife and prepared to pull the tab on this ”bad boy”.
The tin note is earthy, sour, smoky, sweet and a bit pungent. With a little imagination, I could be smelling a Texas barbecue pit loaded with tasty morsels?

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Hit post before I was done...?

As with both of the other plugs from GLP, there was tobacco that had been broken free from the main plug. I carefully selected a sample that would hopefully represent the plug as a whole and prepared for packing. I ended up having to cube cut some and rub out the rest to prepare it to smoke.

My first impression, bold, smooth, smoky with subtly sweet and earthy notes lingering on the palate- very nice indeed!
A cup of black tea with cardamom is going along quite well.
A328E0DC-306F-4B03-B2CC-074AADF8C6EA.jpeg3D6917AD-8555-409F-A39B-9CF92B5EEC09.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke Edwin on the Hudson in a 1987 medium brown Peterson first series Sherlock Holmes full bend with a silver band and a black vulcanite tapered p-lip stem. Making review notes on this blend as I watch the Braves-Pirates game. Resting my back, so I'm skipping my first set of walking reps today. The heat and humidity index of 100+ isn't attractive either, but I've walked when it was worse.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Original.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Now smoking Wilke Edwin on the Hudson in a 1987 medium brown Peterson first series Sherlock Holmes full bend with a silver band and a black vulcanite tapered p-lip stem. Making review notes on this blend as I watch the Braves-Pirates game. Resting my back, so I'm skipping my first set of walking reps today. The heat and humidity index of 100+ isn't attractive either, but I've walked when it was worse.
View attachment 150711
I love it when you tease us about these beta tests. Not sure where the name comes from? I’m looking forward to the review very much.
On average, how many bowls of a new tobacco do you smoke while writing the review?

Status
Not open for further replies.