PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Well, I decided to have a third…. This time it’s some 9 year old McClelland Blackwoods Flake in an Ardor Marte Fantasy (Damiano) Bent Apple with yet a third rum and coke on the side…. Starting to feel pretty good….
View attachment 148734View attachment 148735
One more and you’ll probably be ready the to go internet pipe shopping lol

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Community Coffee,neat, is my drink. Going to finish this Jughead story tonight.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I was sitting with Les Young (aka LesTrout) in the smoking tent, at the Chicago Show last Saturday, as we smoked our pipes and talked of jazz. I had a bowlful of Samovar in my Castello Sea Rock KKKK 49 bent Dublin, but I can’t remember what Les was smoking.
One of Les’ friends came up with a sealed tin of 1941 Three Nuns. He proceeded to cut the top, and the most incredible aroma wafted out. He offered us some. It was quite dry and very dark, but still beckoned to be smoked. I took a pipeful for later, as did Les. We marveled at the strong, sweet smell of Virginias, and the still slight piquant scent of Perique.

This afternoon was gorgeous; sunny, low 70s, and a little breezy, a perfect time to smoke this 81-year-old treasure. I chose my Sixten Ivarsson Stanwell 90, stuffed it with my slightly crispy sample, and lit up. OMG! It was amazing!
All the deep flavors were still there: the sweet, mellow full Virginias, and a hint of what was left of the spicy Perique.
I sipped, oh so slowly, to make the most of the rare chance at smoking this storied blend. It was a magnificent hour.
I kept hydrated (and, lest I get too giddy, of this world), with a tall, berg-filled glass of Bombay Sapphire and Fever-Tree tonic with a nice wedge of lime. Ahhh, Nirvana!

Status
Not open for further replies.