PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
A welcomed rainy day; we need the moisture. Decided to pop this tin of MB London Blend I picked up a month or so ago from @Simmerdown☕️ . Grabbed the Altinay Rusticated Dublin Meer and brewed up a strong cup of black coffee.
The tin note right after opening is dominated by subtle, sweet coco. First mental image was of a chocolate chip cookie.
Although really inviting, I was hoping the topping wasn’t overdone.
While I sit here and smoke this, I am very pleased. On first lighting up, the sweet cocoa seems upfront, but fades quickly and complements the Burley quite well.

Paired with a cup of coffee it’s absolute smoking bliss. A perfect choice for a rainy afternoon.
069EE963-975F-44C8-BFDD-A9E49E5F012C.jpeg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Hogshead in an 1897 BBB Meer with Amber Stem

View attachment 149150
Every time I see you post about smoking hogshead, I go online and see if I can find some for sale. I seem to keep missing the bull’s-eye. Waiting to see if they’ll be another drop at any of the online retailers?
I always enjoy seeing your amazing, antique Meerschaum pipes!

JimInks

Lifer
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch, and have about a quarter of a bowl left from this freshly opened tin of year 2022 Astley’s No. 44 in a straight smooth dark brown year 1926 Parker Super Bruyere patent 3 63/F lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. It tastes a little different than the earlier productions I have smoked. Going to try it again in a meer to make certain of that. Lavazza Perfecto, neat, is my drink.
1926_Parker_63:F lovat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.