PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Original Dunhill Durbar, a fine discontinued English blend, in an Amadeus straight smooth pot, a Greek made pipe, which I was smoking to see if I wanted to trade it off -- no way. It's seasoned and gave the best smoke ever, and the best smoke all day, so it has tenure, a nice blocky sturdy classic pot with a dark red stain and black tapered stem. Funny the way some pipes improve with age, sometimes suddenly. This is the only Greek made pipe I own.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught channel catfish and asparagus dinner with peaches for dessert. Now smoking year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit with a black ebonite saddle stem.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I love panels. Absolutely could be an Ashton-made. Has his hand all over it. Beautiful.
On the underside of the stem you can clearly see a black dot that had been drilled out then filled in. It’s the same diameter as the Ashton logo.. that’s my clue.
I’ve compared it to an Ashton sovereign panel from the early 90s as well and they’re very similar in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.