PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of a bowl left of Sutliff Prince Albert Match in a 1980s straight smooth Big Ben pot with a nickel band and a black vulcanite saddle stem. We have new outdoor cat hanging around. He's aggressive, but exceptionally handsome. I don't think the other outdoor cats are going to like this at all.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty navel orange, and am now smoking year 2002 MacBaren Navy Flake in a 2004 Stanwell EM 2004 black sandblasted straight billiard in a gold accent ring on the shank and gold “s” on the black tapered acrylic stem. Have enough left to fill the tiny Askwith prince I own.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Glen Piper in a Piersel.

I bought this from her at the pipe show a few years back. After looking at it for the third time, she said I had to buy it. So I did.

As I was smoking it later, a gentlemen said they were about to buy the pipe also. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
IMG_5196.JPG

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Glen Piper in a Piersel.

I bought this from her at the pipe show a few years back. After looking at it for the third time, she said I had to buy it. So I did.

As I was smoking it later, a gentlemen said they were about to buy the pipe also. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
View attachment 31951
She is a beauty...I would never trust myself with those thin shanks...my fumbling sausage mitts ya know.☕

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
@virkia Thank you for posting the picture of the heart shaped case. The writing is very similar to the script on my own case. I have been collecting meerschaum 'cutty' pipes since the mid 1980s but this little fellow has me stumped. How old is your heart shaped case?

View attachment 31920
Thanks for an easy question which can be answered pretty accurately as the mounts on the briars are stamped for Birmingham 1887.
If your case is like my "Sweetheart" case it will be stamped "Made in Austria" so there is some commonality with the Hartmann meer.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2014 HU Directors Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and floaty widdle icebergs is my evening drink. Well, actually, it's been my drink all day, but who's counting? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.