PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
S̛̊͆͐M̿̃́̈̃͌́̑̑̔̌̉͆̆̀̚Ơ̐́̀̾̐̒̀̀̒͂̕͠͝K̅̿̃́͊̄͘͝͠Ì́̍͑͝Ǹ͐̌͗͐̊͑̎̆̀̚͝͠G͌̓͑̔̈̅̅́̌̐͐̕ the last of my rotational Luxury Bullseye Flake (will have to pop a LBS 2018 jar).
Incendiary Device: '90's Paycok bent Bulldog Meerschaum with red saddle bit.
Quenching Device: last of a New Belgium Liquid Paradise + fresh Garage Brewing Inline IPA.
Sonic Device: Impending Doom - "Light Unseen," "Death, Ascension, Resurrection" for starters.........

Last edited:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
S̛̊͆͐M̿̃́̈̃͌́̑̑̔̌̉͆̆̀̚Ơ̐́̀̾̐̒̀̀̒͂̕͠͝K̅̿̃́͊̄͘͝͠Ì́̍͑͝Ǹ͐̌͗͐̊͑̎̆̀̚͝͠G͌̓͑̔̈̅̅́̌̐͐̕ the last of my rotational Luxury Bullseye Flake (will have to pop a LBS 2018 jar).
Incendiary Device: '90's Paycok bent Bulldog Meerschaum with red saddle bit.
Quenching Device: last of a New Belgium Liquid Paradise + fresh Garage Brewing Inline IPA.
Sonic Device: Impending Doom - "Light Unseen," "Death, Ascension, Resurrection" for starters.........
Holy shit there is Christian Death Metal?!

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
C&D's Visions of Celephaïs in a no-name English Rhodesian briar. I nice grape odor, not too overwhelming.
I only smoked a bowl of that blend once, and I found the grape component so over the top, and it so thoroughly dominated anything else that I dumped it out halfway through. Maybe C & D have toned it down a bit, or maybe your tin is a bit older?

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
I only smoked a bowl of that blend once, and I found the grape component so over the top, and it so thoroughly dominated anything else that I dumped it out halfway through. Maybe C & D have toned it down a bit, or maybe your tin is a bit older?
I wish i knew the answer, but I tend to like English aromatics/crossovers. I had smoked a Virginia blend not long before this bowl, so perhaps it has to do with that. I have read complaints on its overwhelming grape odor, but it was more like having a glass of wine. I think it was well done.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, salmon and green beans dinner with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. Almost half way through this bowl of year 2014 HU Directors Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
I wish i knew the answer, but I tend to like English aromatics/crossovers. I had smoked a Virginia blend not long before this bowl, so perhaps it has to do with that. I have read complaints on its overwhelming grape odor, but it was more like having a glass of wine. I think it was well done.
It sounds like you're trying a lot of different blends, too, which is the only real way to find out wutcha really like! puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.