PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
A fantastic bowl of Capstan Blue. I usually mark my tins but this one I didn’t. It has a date on the back label that says 2013 ( I think July) Anyone know if this is from the original batch? It tasted a little different than later tins I have smoked. Thanks.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.

Legendary Marvel Comics artist Joe Sinnott has passed away at age 93. Joe was a big influence on my comic book inking. More importantly, we were close friends for almost twenty years. We vacationed together, did a couple of comic conventions together, and until recent times, talked daily. When I wrote his biography of his comics career, I became acutely aware that Joe had a lot of justified pride in his work, but he was very humble about it as well. He was a gentle soul with a great spirit, and love for everybody he knew. There was a certain innocence in his nature that attracted people to him, but he was nobody's fool. A great father and husband whose life was built around his family, Joe was everybody's friend, and his friends were his family, too. Joe is an irreplaceable man in the hearts of all who knew him. I doubt I'll ever met a kinder human being.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Almost finished smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.

Legendary Marvel Comics artist Joe Sinnott has passed away at age 93. Joe was a big influence on my comic book inking. More importantly, we were close friends for almost twenty years. We vacationed together, did a couple of comic conventions together, and until recent times, talked daily. When I wrote his biography of his comics career, I became acutely aware that Joe had a lot of justified pride in his work, but he was very humble about it as well. He was a gentle soul with a great spirit, and love for everybody he knew. There was a certain innocence in his nature that attracted people to him, but he was nobody's fool. A great father and husband whose life was built around his family, Joe was everybody's friend, and his friends were his family, too. Joe is an irreplaceable man in the hearts of all who knew him. I doubt I'll ever met a kinder human being.
Sounds like he was a great guy. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Jun 23, 2019
Back to coloring this baby, really can't keep my hands off it. This Nate King meer Prince is already picking up a nice cream on the bottom and around the rim; stinkin' it up with some 50/50 H&H AJ's VaPer and JFH Shortcut to Mushrooms ?

IPzQmQ4l.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of Sutliff Prince Andrew in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Picked Mimosa flowers for an experimental homebrew.
About to load up some GH Kendal Flake in a 1976 G&G Appleby meer-lined resin Cherrywood with carved lion/jungle motif to puff on while I wait for the wort to cool.
View attachment 34337

The Mimosa flowers might be ok, just leave the roots alone.. haha or just make sure you dont have anything to do for the next 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.