PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
That is a beautiful pipe and heads and shoulders above most bjarne pipes Ive seen. All Ive had were good smokers but that one is something special.
Thanks. As you might know, Bjarne had two lines, the more affordable "Bjarne" and higher grade "Bjarne Nielsen." I bought this particular pipe from Bjarne himself at my local B&M, Rich's. He came once a year to do a trunk show and in 2007 I decided to go see what he had. This particular pipe is missing a grade stamp and Bjarne said he didn't know why and charged me the price for a "C." I suspect he could have charged me more. He told me that the pipe was carved by Vigen.

I was so charmed by him that I resolved to get another pipe from him the next year. Alas, 2007 was his last show at Rich's as he passed away the next year. According to Pipedia, after Bjarne died, Vigen simply stopped making pipes.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Lurker
Jun 4, 2024
I'm pretty predictable about my smoking habits...

-Vanilla cake roll in the morning walking the dog.
-Plum pudding after lunch while reading (currently Undaunted Courage, by Ambrose)
-The only time I vary tobacco is my after dinner smoke, always something tinned, currently 3P's and Cult Embassy.
-Squadron leader last pipe of the night.

I'll switch up 3-4 times a year, but I'm a boring smoker....lol