PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCJ

Can't Leave
May 22, 2022
NW Connecticut
Now smoking year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. My favorite pipe.
View attachment 233001
Very nice. I have often wanted to ask you which of your pipes is your favorite (you have lots of nice ones); now I know! I had been betting that it was your 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato (given number of posts featuring that one), but obviously I was mistaken...

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
An Il Duca is high on my bucket list.
I've had 4 (2 are definite keepers, the other two were much longer pipes that i purchased early on), and while Max's prices have gone up over the years, I think he is terribly underrated.

There's plenty of pipe makers I haven't tried, but I've certainly handled and smoked more than my fair share - I think Max cuts my favorite stem. The buttons are consistently soft, round, narrow, and comfortable.

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
HH Pure Virginia in a Stanwell Hand Cut

52891069343_3625d6a31a_o.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
2020 Samuel Gawith Golden Glow in a Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

This one goes out to The Man in Gawith Land @halfdan :)

Be well halfdan and everyone else, and of course, long live @gawithhoggarth too! ❤️

View attachment 232906
@PipeIT Another Gawith baccy I'd love to try in my clay pipes; I discovered GH Mahogany when I went to get some loose Gawith Hoggarth: Gawith Hoggarth | Mahogany (Broken Flake) Pipe Tobacco | 50g Tin - https://www.smoke-king.co.uk/gawith-hoggarth-mahogany-broken-flake-pipe-tobacco-50g-tin
I love Gawith flakes and I got a tin of Erinmore Flake to smoke in my clay pipes due to its plastic free packaging. I love the taste of this baccy and feel it's going to be one of the Clay King's 'go to' blends.
I recommend you try the Golden Glow in a clay pipe if you have one!

Status
Not open for further replies.