PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I went to a picnic today and no men were smoking but a couple of the women were vaping and at the back several women broke out a hookah and were smoking "some arabic %$^&" I was told. It was red and looked like candy and smelled very sweet like a fruit dessert ... probably red gummi bear or berry punch tobacco. I learned all about loading and smoking a Hookah although I didn't try it ... I like aromatics but they all had their own stems for the hookah and I didn't have one and wasn't going to share with strangers.
I'll stick to Country Squire Old Tobey and Second Breakfast in my own pipe for now. Nice learning experience though. P.S. I also got the recipe for Chimmi Churi sauce which was delicious !?

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I went to a picnic today and no men were smoking but a couple of the women were vaping and at the back several women broke out a hookah and were smoking "some arabic %$^&" I was told. It was red and looked like candy and smelled very sweet like a fruit dessert ... probably red gummi bear or berry punch tobacco. I learned all about loading and smoking a Hookah although I didn't try it ... I like aromatics but they all had their own stems for the hookah and I didn't have one and wasn't going to share with strangers.
I'll stick to Country Squire Old Tobey and Second Breakfast in my own pipe for now. Nice learning experience though. P.S. I also got the recipe for Chimmi Churi sauce which was delicious !?
Chimichurri sauce was a game changer for me. Blew my mind I hadn't tried anything similar (closest was pesto and they are worlds apart)

Fresh, herbal, spicy, salty, and sweet. Delicious on steak and chicken. My mind was blown and I went through quite a bit after the first experience.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Cards game.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Chimichurri sauce was a game changer for me. Blew my mind I hadn't tried anything similar (closest was pesto and they are worlds apart)

Fresh, herbal, spicy, salty, and sweet. Delicious on steak and chicken. My mind was blown and I went through quite a bit after the first experience.
Yeah I agree it was homemade with fresh garden ingredients ! I don't know which was better that or the Mojito with fresh mint or the combo together. The sauce was on chicken, ribs and steak ! Its like trying a new tobacco and thinking where has this been all my life ???!!!

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Well, with that bowl finished, I'm going to have to figure out something else for that cherry. If I can't find something to mix it with where I can like it, I suppose I could compress it into incense cones? Because the stuff does smell good, and with the cherry flavor subdued a little it's better, but still just too... bright I suppose? It's a pungency to it that kind of ruins the brief touches of sweetness. Which, now that I think about it, Danish Expo might not have been the best choice to mix it with in that regard.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
Capstan Gold in a Stanwell Rondo billiard. This is my 1st try of the blend. It’s ok, but is right out of a freshly opened tin.

Felt the same way about Capstan Blue. But was told to jar it and open it daily for a month. That made a world of difference. So, I will treat the Gold the same way.

4D4240B6-9052-4C22-B7AA-7A17A56ECB76.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.