PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Just got this in today. Giving it a go and as of right now its on the verge of being a little too close to a swisher sweet for my liking. Its only saving grace is the quality tobacco that are still somewhat present in the background. Tin came in a little drier than I'd expect an aro to be but considering the packaging...View attachment 158993

For Aros, have you smoked Grousemoor, if not, grab a tin.

In stock, I’ve not purchased here before, but I’ve read others have.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Well after 2 months of pouting and whining because I had lost a small box with some of my favorites during my move, I actually found said box today.

So, this celebratory smoke is C&D Pegasus in my no longer AWOL BriarWorks Poker.

1658799996128.png

In the background, you can see also my Viking Classic Dublin, which is my favorite VA flake smoker and right behind that, the Hilson Vintage Panel I got from foggymountain before he passed.

Yay!

1658800013886.png

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
In the background, you can see also my Viking Classic Dublin, which is my favorite VA flake smoker....
I have a Malaga Dublin that I didn't care for at first. It was purchased because Malaga was an Armenian pipe maker in Royal Oak, Michigan.

After neglecting the Dublin for awhile, I exorcised the Latakia ghost and tried Virginia flakes in it. Now the pipe somewhat sings and holds the flakes wonderfully.

Still not a huge fan of the shape or it being primarily a straight pipe (a quarter bent or so), but it is now the right tool for the job.

Moving is my least favorite thing and finding things is always a pain (especially the time where I packed while watching a movie a having a few adult beverages - won't do that again and hope not to move for awhile as I think I found my forever home).

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
For Aros, have you smoked Grousemoor, if not, grab a tin.

In stock, I’ve not purchased here before, but I’ve read others have.

I have not. Im a big fan of American Delite from GH. I'll def have to give it a try!

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Please let me know your thought process on the Poker. I've been eyeing one for the future and am on the fence. I enjoy cobs and smaller pipes have their place.

My other thought is a larger chambered bent pipe for reading. However, I have a few other true needs first so pipes and tobacco have gone on the back burner for now.
Unsolicited 2 cents : I like larger bowl pipes. The sitter or poker shape is terribly convenient because you can put it down to do things. It hangs comfortably and the larger bowl means a longer better smoke before you get any ash. Mine is technically a sitter but a bent poker is similar. Its one of my favorite home pipes. I don't travel with it because I don't want to risk damage/loss.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. A golden delicious apple follows this smoke. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a pre-1980s straight dark brown Comoy's Sandblast 186 billiard with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Off to work on a new Archie and Friends story, which is the second part of the last story I did. Listening to the Dodgers-Nats game on the XM.
Comoy's_Sandblast 186 billiard.jpg

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada

Amphora: Burley in a Meer...​

rP13gZe.jpg
Just found which pipe I will be smoking tomorrow. Forgot all about my PM 2012 meer.

Status
Not open for further replies.