PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite p-lip stem. Taking a short break to feed Suzy and Molly, and the outdoor feral cats.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Good Morning smoking some FV plug in a Stanwell 207 Cherrywood.The plug took some preparing but the end result was well worth it.Drinking some Kenyan Peabody.
@marconi I've never smoked plug in my clay pipes. I enjoyed the Full Virginia Flake I got from @tozert and yourself; I feel that Gawith flakes are well suited to clay pipes!
I won't be buying any more St Bruno Flake due to its excess plastic packaging.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’ll be interested to hear what you discover with your research.

Maybe we should all try this :)

ARE YOU A SUPERTASTER?​

To find out, put blue food coloring on your tongue. Blue dye doesn’t stick to taste papillae, so if your tongue doesn’t get very blue, you’re probably a supertaster. The bluer it gets, the greater the chance you are a subtaster.
I’m pretty sure I’m not a super taster, I don’t think I’m even in the mildly impressive league.

Mar 1, 2014
Back to back bowls of Balkan Blue and FMOTT (while watching WEC 6 hours at Monza).
My tasting notes on this bowl of Balkan Blue almost exactly mirror Jiminks review, but that's only after the tin has four years age. Tasting notes from when the tin was new put it as being much more Latakia forward and much less sweet.

FMOTT was almost disappointing after a bowl of perfectly aged Balkan Blue, but the Frog was still good in its own right (still consistently sweet and savory).

Status
Not open for further replies.