PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
On my 5th bowl of C&D Sun Bear in a 2000 Peterson Deluxe 2s. Raising the floor of the chamber and drilling a new airway that is more centered now allows me to smoke almost all the tobacco with exception of a few strands at the bottom. The airway is a little bit lower than the floor, it it works excellently. My concern was that I didn’t want to hog out too much material and leave the back wall too thin so it would eventually break out.

I’m bad at taking before and after shots. Prior to the work I did there was basically a hole in the side of the chamber about a 1/4” above the floor.

I came up with a new mixture that solidifies and is workable within 24 hours, can be smoked afterwards without involving a lot of dry time. No whacky chemicals involved.

There are a lot of old estates out there that need some chamber work in order to smoke well again, and I’ve done this type of work to a couple dozen pipes.

FCE3664-C-07-B0-4407-8388-F6-A179234924.jpg

3763-E9-C1-35-D7-4334-95-C8-4-C1-E2359-B570.jpg

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
good day folks!! again rising temperatures and another sultry day, with this heat is impossible to do my daily walks this is a bit complicated for me, "the time man in TV predict" that the weekend will be somewhat less hot, but over the years one no longer trusts much of the prvisions so long term, 48 hours

so, now, I'm going to cool off with cold water on the porch and read for a while, my first smoke of the day is Black Parrot in a Negoita Conducta and cool water with ice

Negoita Conducta 2.jpg

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Woke up and my nose has cleared out a bit so I started the day with a bowl of Crooner in a MM Country Gent and I got enough flavor to make pipes worth it over cigars and cigs ?. Good thing I’m pig headed and optimistic and brought some HH pure Virginia, bold Kentucky, and some Half and Half to work so I have options throughout the day lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.