PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Thunderstorms have moved in, so I won't get all my walking in today. The feral cats are in hiding under my deck, too.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Carter Hall in a Shire Cobbit cob -- bought a pouch after years since I last had it on a whim, and forgot how much I liked the stuff. I ordered some Chatham Manor shortly after, to compare later. Drink: A White Claw Hard Seltzer "Pure" (as in unflavored) handed down by my wife who bought and hated it. It's basically seltzer water with alcohol, so now all I need is the squirting flower and the giant, horn-honking red shoes. I'm happy to have picked up this Carter Hall on a whim -- it kind of centers me, makes me realize there's still perfectly fine smoke available down the road, and got me on a codger match blend kinda kick. Now waiting on: Match Sugar Barrel, Match Prince Albert, Match Field and Stream, and H&H Chatham Manor (which I consider Match Carter Hall). Battle of the mild codgers will commence. If the matches on Carter Hall and PA are not better, that's all good -- means I can get it at the drugstore. I suspect they will be a little better though. The Sugar Barrel and Field & Stream, as I understand it are no longer available, but the matches seem to be well-received, so they are in the "Codger Battle Royale" I seem to have set up for myself :)

End state: dip cob in, press with thumb, light up, and tell the kids to get off my damn lawn (it has more effect with a pipe, I think). ;)

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Had a good day yesterday full of pipes and fishing/shrimping on the water. @BarrelProof and I enjoyed many blends including HU Makhuwa, Esoterica Dunbar, McClelland Vanilla Ice, Esoterica Penzance, Peter Heinrich’s Dark Strong Flake, and last but certainly not least, McCranie’s Red Ribbon 1983 brought by the very generous @BarrelProof.

Pipes included a red sandblasted eltang basic, black sandblasted tsuge ikebana billiard, Savinelli impero smooth 111KS, Bruno Nuttens vintage smooth cutty, MM bent emerald, and MM washington rob roy. Not too many fish, and they were all little, but it was a fine day on the water.

View attachment 36599
Are those the little ones? Sounds like a great day!

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
That one with the long shank though ?

Thanks! A GGG size Lovat. It is still waiting for the right occasion to get broken in. It'll be soon, though.

Now smoking G&H Dark Flake unscented in a Castello 55.

89-E821-A6-7071-4-EA4-8631-E3-B3939390-E7.jpg

Glenlivet is the drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.