PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech49

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
Hamburg Twp, MI
Cream ale sounds delicious. How did it come out?

Fantastic. It's all-grain, hopped with Willamette, a good dose of flaked maize and carapils malt so it has a rocky creamy head that's like whipped cream all the way to the bottom of the glass. I dialed in the water chemistry to match the water of Pilsen, and used Michigan 6-row pale malt. Lagered it for 4 weeks at 34F, so it's crystal clear, dry and crisp.

I'll have to hold a wake for it when it runs out, that's how much I love it.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Fantastic. It's all-grain, hopped with Willamette, a good dose of flaked maize and carapils malt so it has a rocky creamy head that's like whipped cream all the way to the bottom of the glass. I dialed in the water chemistry to match the water of Pilsen, and used Michigan 6-row pale malt. Lagered it for 4 weeks at 34F, so it's crystal clear, dry and crisp.

I'll have to hold a wake for it when it runs out, that's how much I love it.
Sounds delicious!

tech49

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
Hamburg Twp, MI
I know I’ve heard of it but can’t remember what it is. Will have to check it out.

Pimm's No. 1 is the main ingredient. You can mix with club soda, ginger ale, or 7-Up- I prefer the citrusy 7-up. You can add a splash of sweet vermouth but I like a dose of Aperol for the bitter orange counterpart to the sweetness. Garnish with slices of lemon and orange, and a thin slice of raw cucumber.

Some are tempted to ditch the cucumber, but the herbal freshness brings all the flavors together.

Damn. I need one now.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Heck of a cold tonight down here in the Argentine pampa so warming myself up with a good measure of rum along with a coffee. Whilst enjoying a very tasty bowl of Argento Natural a Burley/Virginia blend in the black Falcon.

WP-20200713-002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.