PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of the very dry year 2010 Villager Virginia No.444 in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Have enough for a couple more bowls. Time to do some more walking.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Peterson Royal Yacht in a Dunhill 35 Shell Billard w/after market silver band and F/T stem with a large chip on the underside near the button. This was part of a flea market lot that I picked up awhile ago. I finally got around to cleaning it up and this is my first smoke. The gent that must have owned them loved silver bands and had them put on everything. I don’t know the date or grp# (though I’m guessing it’s a 3) as that part of the nomenclature is covered by the silver band. The bowl is worn unevenly and it’s generally disreputable but I thought I would give it a chance. I may find a way to patch the stem since it’s not worth replacing. Smoking well about 1/4 of a bowl in. I have a similar one from the same lot ready for tomorrow but in the 250 billiard shape with a crappy replacement stem.

Drink of choice is Glendalough Double Barrel Irish whisky. I was looking to pick up some more of their fantastic gin, which has wild grown Irish botanicals when I came across this. Smooth and delicious.

7E0824FF-605E-4C44-898E-CB21EF4F9E84.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.