*** What Are You Smoking?*** (July 2018)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypilot

Might Stick Around
Aug 15, 2017
Since the temps were a bit less today, due to storms moving thru, I spent the day working on a mantle for a customer here in Bella Vista. Cherry wood, that the customer's father milled from a dead tree, some years back. Unfortunately, it was not stored well, and the warping, cupping, and twisting is difficult to deal with. Still, it should turn out OK, with a bit of rustic look, for their family room, which will lend toward the Colonial.
Sitting back with a cob full of Sutliff's Sweet Virginia, and marsala.
No online account for my images, or I'd post a picture....of the mantle...not the Sweet Virginia. 8O

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
John Aylesbury - Luxury Flake/Classic Flake in a Peter Michalski, Germany, egg with multifinish.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of HU Old Fredder’s Broken Flake in a smooth straight early 1960s Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the All Star Game.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
2012 GL Pease Navigator in a Trever Talbot Goblin.

talbert10-600x525.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 1999 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a 1970s smooth medium bend Savinelli Autograph 5 Dublin with a pearl brown lucite ferrule and stem.

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
I’m smoking a wonderful bowl of 2011, or is it 2013, I don’t remember, FVF. The flakes are approaching the blackness of Butera Dark Stoced. Wonderful. I had trouble lighting it. I’ll have to remember to leave it out for a while or nuke it. I only have a couple flakes left of this vintage other than another sealed tin.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking MacBaren Modern Virginia Flake in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Had some soup and then some ice cream, and am now smoking Park Lane Connoisseur in a 2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret billiard, signed by Dorelio Rovera and a black acrylic stem. The All Star Game is in the 10th inning.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Irish Flake in a Peterson System pipe. Must say I now know why I don’t pick this pipe up as often as others. I love Petes but not a fan of the system pipes. Just muted the taste too much.
Anyway, some Bulleit Barrel Proof as a nightcap before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.