*** What Are You Smoking?*** (July 2016)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Match ERR in a Linkman's Dr. Grabow Supreme with patent and shape numbers. This pipe is a straight Rhodesian with 'dog' like grooves on the bowl. I just brought this one in this week from an ebay auction I won for $9.99.

The stem is like new. The bowl had been heavily caked and the rim is charred but not missing wood.

I brought in two old pieces this week with a combined age of approx 300 years. One a CPF and this one.

I guess this is the direction of my pipe acquisition for now. Old pieces that are likely to be good smokers.

This is the first bowl in this Linkman's....so far, stinger and all, it's smoking without any ghosts of the past and draws perfectly.

The shape # is 9402, patent # 1896800 and all the nomenclature is crisp and easily legible.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
First, HPSC Trout Stream, then SG Brown Sugar Flake in my happy little inexpensive estate IPE Prince purchased from spc... it has become one of my favorite pipes!

ipe-prince.jpeg

And I'm learning how to better handle this SG Brown Sugar Flake and it is becoming an amazing smoke!! The mysteries unfold!

jerry

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
C&D Balkan Supreme in a LINKMAN'S Dr Grabow Supreme straight Rhodogsian....(round bottom and shank)#9402

I just got this thing cleaned to smoke after it arrived from an auction sale yesterday and it's amazing!

I stole it for $9.99....I'd say it might be 80 yrs old and in very good condition. It's a sweet smoker.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a 2002 smooth top, black sandblasted quarter bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a horn insert in the ferrule and black acrylic stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink on another hot and humid day.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1976 black rough carved Pioneer Meerschaum Oom Paul with a brown acrylic stem. Floyd Norwood fixed the tenon for me so I can smoke this old pipe again.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Peter Heinrichs Nr. 35 in a 2004 smooth long stem Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 with a black vulcanite stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
GLP Regent’s Flake in a 1970s medium bend brown Caminetto 205 Business egg with a long black acrylic saddle stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.