*** What Are You Smoking?*** (July 2016)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem. A bottle of Mist Twst is my drink.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
BSOSM Match in an Abe Herbaugh blasted tomato
Listening - Smetana Trio - Martinu piano trios on Supraphon

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Mac Baren Virginia No. 1 (processed in my little Black & Decker food-processor to shorten the cut) mixed with Prince Albert, and smoked in an estate Wilke silver-banded briar Lovat. This blend is quite tasty and reminiscent of Union Leader of old.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
First Jerwynn's Own Rampant Lion blend (jar-ends of half a dozen medium to strong Englishes)... found it too, um, heavy! for a summer's night, so then switched to Mac Baren Vanilla Cream in an estate Vauen Whatchamacallit:
vauen-barontini-548x600.jpg

That was perfect for the remainder of the day/evening.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking the soon to be released GLP Temple Bar in a smooth medium bend straight grain 2001 Karl Erik Ekstravagant brandy with a leaf engraved silver band and a black acrylic stem.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
JimInks:
If memory serves, Temple Bar was originally a blend of Mr. Pease's former employer Drucquer & Sons Ltd. Tobacconists of Berkeley, California. It was described (by Mr. Pease on his "At The Back of The Hill" blog) as, "...no Turkish, a blend of light and medium Virginias spiced with Latakia (probably slightly over a third of the total), and maybe (?) a touch of Perique." Does this description square with what you found today in your bowl?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Tim: Here's the tin description: Rich, ripe red and sweet golden Virginia tobaccos are generously spiced with fine, fragrant Orientals and enhanced with a delicate touch of Perique for a bit of added depth and complexity. The leaf is carefully layered and pressed for a fortnight into large cakes, which are then cut into bars and tinned, ready to be sliced and rubbed out as desired for your ultimate smoking pleasure.
Half way through this bowl of Boswell’s Main St. Burley in a 1979 straight smooth Dr. Grabow Grand Duke 45 pot. A bottle of Mountain Dew made with pure cane sugar is my drink.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
SG St James Flake in a Bruce Weaver blasted cutty w/bakelite stem
Listening - Blues Magoos - Electric Comic Book (reliving my youth)

Status
Not open for further replies.