Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
GH Best Brown #2 in a Pete POY X160

53109698421_2ff0cf3d45_k.jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
My Single Action Army is a 1st generation and was built in 1890. Bought black powder cartridges for it but haven't fired it. They do cowboy shoots at my range. Fun stuff and the history aspect is fascinating.
Had other pipe of Irish Flake while shooting, didn’t get by pics. Zeroed and load tested 30/30 and 22 levers, and shot my 65CM. My buddy and I found a spot about a 1/4 mile from range that actually had steel out on the hill from 700-854yds. Cold bore, very rusty shooter first round hit at 791 (full IPSC sized steel) with Creedmoor made me happy.
I’ve competed plenty, but cowboy isn’t my gig. But, I have a horse so a 45Colt is mandatory, mine is a Pietta Pistolero, about the last 4 click lock work SAA reproduced made. Made sure when I made my holster I could snap it off belt and rig it on the d-ring of my saddle’s back cinch😉

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Hello Jim,
I admire many of your Petersons that resemble (forerunners?) the 309, which I believe is shown in one of my favorite "pipe pics" .... (below) .... unless that's actually a Wellington.

QUES: As I've read many of your contributions to this "Smoking Jan 2024?", I'm wondering if you ever do any of your own home blending or recipes? Your detailed comments on Tobacco Reviews lead me to believe that you certainly have good capability.

View attachment 282606
Thanks for the kind words and interest. I used make my own blends. I have a couple that I am aging. I have been instrumental in more than a dozen Watch City and Wilke products to the point of giving ideas, formulas and taste testing of blends currently being sold. I also co-created Sutliff 1849, and was their taste tester for almost two years when Paul Creasy ran the company. Same goes for The Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania as @condorlover1 can tell you. I've done a lot more than that, but I've written too much about myself as it is.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Thanks for the kind words and interest. I used make my own blends. I have a couple that I am aging. I have been instrumental in more than a dozen Watch City and Wilke products to the point of giving ideas, formulas and taste testing of blends currently being sold. I also co-created Sutliff 1849, and was their taste tester for almost two years when Paul Creasy ran the company. Same goes for The Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania as @condorlover1 can tell you. I've done a lot more than that, but I've written too much about myself as it is.
I personally would love to hear more. 🤷🏻‍♂️ The other night you said you had some interesting stories on the acquisition of some of your pipes. I’ve been wondering about them since you said it. I suppose this thread may not be the place for them but I’d read em as I’m sure others would as well.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I personally would love to hear more. 🤷🏻‍♂️ The other night you said you had some interesting stories on the acquisition of some of your pipes. I’ve been wondering about them since you said it. I suppose this thread may not be the place for them but I’d read em as I’m sure others would as well.
Maybe so. It'd take me days to write it all and that's time I just can't spare. If I was still going to pipe shows, I'd recommend catching me at one, and I'd talk your ears off.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
KBV Jim's Special Flake in a Savinelli Linea Piu 3. Almost finished this bag of Jim's Special Flake. Great stuff, I loved it when it was called Mr. Christian's Bright Flek and missed it. Thanks for getting it brought back Jim!
You're welcome. I was surprised by the name change and the label reflects a few aspects of me and my comic book career not to mention my past life in the fine arts. I had no idea they were going to do it until I saw it posted on the 'net.

If you need more, ask KBV to do that. Btw, the Brown Flek is certainly worth smoking, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.