PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Dear Sir, since I'm new to this very Scottish Mixture,and because of my previous attempts to enjoy it properly have failed.therefore I'd be delighted to hear your opinion how to smoke this prone to bite ''blend better.
@PaulTheScandinavian Certainly, Sir, I will try to share as I can: I bought a pound of this last year and jarred it all up save 1 oz in a small jar, which has been mostly ignored for a year. It is perhaps a bit dryer now (but not crunchy). I loaded it mostly gravity with a light press, not tight at all. Took the match readily and it burned just fine down to the proverbial fine white ash. Did not have to pull on it at all and no tongue burn. I did, as my habit, puff fairly steadily, but kept the breathing in light. About half way, used a pick to move around the bottom of the pack, tamped very lightly, and it continued on... try it again in a smallish bowl or perhaps half a bowl and see how it goes. When I first tried it, it was quite soft and gentle, and kinda boring...at this time I am better able to appreciate it than i was then. I actually found it soothing on my tongue after a bit steamier Sam's Flake (i didn't let it dry at all) the night before.

Last edited:

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I’m making Tandoori chicken for dinner, my mothers old recipe and one of my favourite dishes with potatoes roasted in sesame, poppy, mustard, fennel, cumin, coriander and nigella seeds and spices with Basmati rice as well.

I suppose I should mention that I’m smoking 1792 in a old 30/40’s GBD reject and drinking Hobgoblin aged Ruby ale. image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this sunny, chilly, windy day, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.