PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of D&R Penhooker in a straight smooth light brown circa post-1932-40s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to Gangbusters on the XM.
Linkman’s Dr. Grabow billiard_square.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Work's done for the day, and I'm smoking year 2012 Carter Hall in a 1929-1931 KBB Kaywoodie Drinkless 7782 straight smooth walnut bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Going to work on cleaning the three estate pipes.
KBB Kaywoodie_Drinkless7782-bulldog.jpg

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Now I’ve been to - what I thought- the place to go for tobacco in Cape Town. Cock ‘n Bulls at the Waterfront.

At least they sell a whole range of pipes. Found a lot of vaping things over there, cigarettes, cigars, a few pipe tobaccos.

They sell the Wesley Housebrands, that looked all the same in those transparent pouches. Shag-like tobaccos in medium to dark reddish brown hues. They look a lot like any of the tasteless Fox, Jock and BBs, I tried. Maybe if someone is out there with alternating views might correct me.

And the whole range of Borkum Riff was there. Anyone out there who likes Borkum Riff?

I asked for different stuff, and the tobacconist showed me the small range of quite expensive Davidoff tins.

I bought one: Scottish Mixture. And although there is splash of whiskey to it, I enjoy smoking it. Just mild enough for a morning or every day smoke.

No tongue bite either although smoked like a puff train, yesterday evening, in between two live sets of the Kesivan Naidoo Quartett in the Blue Room.

Kesivan is an awesome capetonian drummer in contemporary-jazz. He is living in Switzerland nowadays. He is just visiting his family for Christmas with his wife Julia and is doing a lot of gigs with old friends. Check him out.

Now having a morning smoke with Scottish Mixture in a cob.

A5DB7C14-6258-4590-A2A4-1BDAC6B62397.jpeg

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Now I’ve been to - what I thought- the place to go for tobacco in Cape Town. Cock ‘n Bulls at the Waterfront.

At least they sell a whole range of pipes. Found a lot of vaping things over there, cigarettes, cigars, a few pipe tobaccos.

They sell the Wesley Housebrands, that looked all the same in those transparent pouches. Shag-like tobaccos in medium to dark reddish brown hues. They look a lot like any of the tasteless Fox, Jock and BBs, I tried. Maybe if someone is out there with alternating views might correct me.

And the whole range of Borkum Riff was there. Anyone out there who likes Borkum Riff?

I asked for different stuff, and the tobacconist showed me the small range of quite expensive Davidoff tins.

I bought one: Scottish Mixture. And although there is splash of whiskey to it, I enjoy smoking it. Just mild enough for a morning or every day smoke.

No tongue bite either although smoked like a puff train, yesterday evening, in between two live sets of the Kesivan Naidoo Quartett in the Blue Room.

Kesivan is an awesome capetonian drummer in contemporary-jazz. He is living in Switzerland nowadays. He is just visiting his family for Christmas with his wife Julia and is doing a lot of gigs with old friends. Check him out.

Now having a morning smoke with Scottish Mixture in a cob.

View attachment 192773

I have a davidoff Scottish tin waiting for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.